W e l c o m e !
We launched a new version of this website in 2016. It took time, creativity, thought, ideas, discussions, writing, emails and many cups of coffee to put it together. A Coaching and an Art website under one roof. It was a deliberate choice; inspiration feeds creativity, feeds (visual) art, feeds exploring, feeds coaching, new ideas and perspectives, innovation and so on. You get the idea.
This coaching part focuses on expatriates/internationals and their spouses, offering them support in their life and job changes in a new country. How to be flexible in a different economy, bridge the gap between cultures? How to deal with a new, foreign job market and stand out in the local work force? Where to go, how to prepare? How to turn one's new life into an overall success? These are questions every international deals with.
Solutions for Life has designed a series of workshops to help you find the answers. A few topics: Change and success, Innovation and the job search, The succesful interview, How to present yourself in the best possible way, The elevator speech. Ofcourse we also coach face to face. Our solution focused approach helps you to find out what you want to do with your new life and how to get there.
Gusta van Dobbenburgh
- The evaluation of the September workshop at Nestle Headquarters Vevey; 'The Expat Opportunity: make it a success' came in. It was a wonderful event with a special group of newly arrived internationals. Their energy, sense of humour, willingness to learn and share were fantastic.
Some comments: "- The presentation was really inspiring. - It was very helpful to think about success beyond the job. - This was an amazing experience. - A great first contact with IDCN- and other participants." Thanks to everybody for your sincere feed back!!
- Gusta, I have no idea how your method works but it WORKS very well. I think it is my attitude that changed the most. I try to worry less. I try to look at the possibilties, not at the difficulties and be happy about what I have so THANK YOU so much! N.K., Scientist
- February 21, 2018, 10h00: 'How to present yourself in the best possible way', a workshop at CVCI, the Lausanne Chamber of Commerce. It was quickly fully booked and the way participants picked up on the content amazing.
- My last workshop on ' The interview, preparing for a shining presentation" could not have gone better. The responses in general were: 'extremely positive', there were various requests for a longer workshop with 'more time for even more tips and exercises', remarks about the 'very interesting topic' and it had been: 'very informative, with very satisfactory answers; simply excellent.' What more could one wish for?
- "Gusta's coaching gave me a clear perspective on the job search by offering me new ideas. I learned to ask myself what it is that I reallyu want, and to be realistic in what I am pursuing. Additionally, I learned how to stay while exploring different jobs, and staying very well prepard at all times." H.M. Medical Neuroscientist
- IDCN member Philip Morris did a beautifully organized September afternoon at their Lausane-Ouchy Headquarters. A few hundred attendees, useful presentations and incredible friendly support stood out.