A w o r d o f w e l c o m e
The new version of this website was launched in 2016. It took a lot of creativity, thought, ideas, discussions, write ups, emails and cups of coffee to put it together. A Coaching and an Art website under one roof. It was a deliberate choice; inspiration feeds creativity, feeds (visual) art, feeds exploring, feeds coaching, new perspectives, innovation, etc. You get the idea. It's a natural development in which processes influence each other.
Innovation, flexibility and resilience are important notions in the global market. Of course they have gained momentum for internationals too. Their number is growing globally and we need to consider their life and job changes from those same points perpspectives. To international spouses/partners they matter just as much. Within internationals world wide students are the fastest growing group so they too have become an expatriate force to be reckoned with.
How to be flexible in a new economy, bridge the gap between cultures and turn one's new life into an overall success? How to deal with a new, foreign job market and stand out in the local work force? Where to go, how to prepare? How to be resilient after an interview rejection? These are (some of the) questions every job searching international needs to deal with.
Solutions for Life has designed several workshops that aid in the process. A few topics: Change and success, Innovation and the job search, The succesful interview, How to present oneself in the best possible way in a range of situations.
We also consult, and love coaching on where you want to take your life and career.
For despite the amazing electronic and digital communication of our time, there is nothing like personal contact.
Talk to you soon.
Gusta van Dobbenburgh
September 6, 2018: workshop at Nestle Headquarters, Vevey: 'The Expat Opportunity: make it a success'. I looked forward to it very much and it was a wonderful event, with a special group of new internationals in the country. Their energy, sense of humour, willingness to learn and share. Thanks to those who responded to positively.
Gusta, I have no idea how your method works but it WORKS very well. I think it is my attitude that changed the most. I try to worry less. I try to look at the possibilties, not at the difficulties and be happy about what I have so THANK YOU so much!
February 21, 2018, 10h00: 'How to present yourself in the best possible way', a workshop at CVCI, the Lausanne Chamber of Commerce. It was quickly fully booked and the way participants picked up on the content amazing.
A well organized, interesting and useful November 17, 2017 event "Decoding the Human; do the company and the job fit your needs' at Nestle, Vevey. Especially the final presentation, 'Winning in eBusiness with personalization at scale,' by Sebastien Szczepanjak was excellent.
- My last workshop on 'The interview, preparing for a shining presentation" could not have gone better. The responses in general were: 'extremely positive', there were various requests for a longer workshop with 'more time for even more tips and exercises', remarks about the 'very interesting topic' and it had been: 'very informative, with very satisfactory answers; simply excellent.' What more could one wish for?
- "One session was all it took to get me focused on how I wanted my career to progress. Thanks to Gusta I am ready to present my skills, experience and ambitions to future employers. Thank you!"
G. B. Operations Manager
- "Gusta's coaching gave me a clear perspective on the job search by offering me new ideas. I learned to ask myself what it is that I really want, and to be realistic in what I am pursuing. Additionally I learned how to stay on track while exploring different jobs, and staying very well prepared at all times."
H.M Medical Neuroscientist
- My latest workshop at the Lausanne Chamber of Commerce (CVCI) on 'The Job Search: be innovative' was wonderful. With many experiences exchanged, new things learned, questions answered, participants left in an upbeat mood, commenting that they were encouraged and inspired to keep going in their search.
- IDCN member Philip Morris did a beautifully organized September afternoon at their Lausane-Ouchy Headquarters. A few hundred attendees, useful presentations and incredible, friendly support stood out.